Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Overview The collection contains items on the American Revolution, the Civil War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam Conflict. Correspondence, memorabilia, telegrams, photographs, declassified Army documents, reports, newspapers, journals, manuscripts, teaching materials, and transcripts of interviews are among many things that are a part of this distinctive collection.
Overview The Donald E. Stout Collection contains materials related to Stout’s career as a professor of music at Fort Hays State University, along with materials related to his research, travel and various awards and honors he received.
Overview Ernestine Fields Collection includes photographs, correspondence, coursework and music recital memorabilia.
Overview The George F. Sternberg Collection includes scrapbooks, diaries, field journals, photographs, correspondence and other materials related to his career in paleontology, his teaching at Fort Hays State University, and work as curator of the Sternberg Museum.
Overview Henry and Clare Malloy came to Fort Hays State College in 1913 he taught chorus as a faculty member of the music department and she tutored students in violin and vocal music. After Henry’s death in 1937 Clara Malloy continued to be an active part of the Fort Hays State College community until her death in 1974. Their collection includes music program, sheet music, photographs, postcards, newspaper clipping and correspondence related to their careers at Fort Hays State College.
Overview Jack Heather taught radio broadcasting and communications at Fort Hays State College from 1950 to 1998. His papers include notes, memos, letters and tests related to Heather’s career at Fort Hays State University.
Overview Author and educator Dr. Jerry R. Choate joined the Fort Hays Kansas State College faculty in 1971 as an Assistant Professor of Zoology. The Dr. Jerry R. Choate Papers date from 1965 to 2009. The papers are comprised mainly of correspondence, course materials, research materials, and Sternberg Museum construction information.
Overview Lee Pendergrass was the historian-in-residence at Fort Hays State University from 1979-1981. His papers include several folders of articles he authored.
Overview Leora B. Stroup Collection includes photographs, correspondence and textiles related to Stroup’s personal life in Hays Kansas.
Overview the Lyman D. Wooster Papers consists of letters, research notes, stories, newspaper accounts, and various information collected and created by Dr. Lyman D. Wooster during the research of his book: Fort Hays Kansas State College: An Historical Story (cover title: A History of Fort Hays Kansas State College 1902-1961).
- Subject: Correspondence X
- Fort Hays State University Archives 13
- Fort Hays State University Special Collections 2
- Sternberg, George Fryer (George F. Sternberg), 1883-1969 2
- Vogel, Nancy (Nancy Vogel) 2
- Walker, Myrl V. (Myrl V. Walker), 1903-1985 2
- Choate, Jerry R. (Jerry R. Choate), 1943-2010 1
- Currey, Cecil B. 1
- Currey, Laura G. 1
- Fields, Ernestine (Ernestine Fields) 1
- Heather, Jack, 1924-2011 (Jack Heather) 1
- Malloy, Clare (Clare Malloy), 1883-1973 1
- Malloy, Henry Edward (Henry Edward Malloy), 1874-1937 1
- Pendergrass, Lee (Lee Pendergrass), 1943- 1
- Sternberg , George Miller (George Miller Sternberg), 1838-1915 1
- Sternberg , Levi (Levi Sternberg), 1814-1886 1
- Sternberg, Charles Hazelious (Charles H. Sternberg), 1850-1943 1
- Stout , Donald E. (Donald E. Stout), 1924-2006 1
- Stroup, Leora B. (Leora B. Stroup), 1901-1985 1
- Welty , Raymond L. (Raymond L. Welty), 1894-1968 1
- Wooster , Lyman Dwight (Lyman Dwight Wooster), 1884-1960 1 ∧ less